Product IT company, headquatered in U.S., is looking for a highly skilled HR General Manager to lead its small growing international software development office in Minsk, Belarus (roughly 10-12 employees, some remote). The successful candidate will be responsible for managing a successful day-to-day operations in Minsk, creating a Human Resources infrastructure of policies and procedures, and ensuring strong work culture that is aligned with other divisions. The role will be working closely with the Minsk Management and U.S. Operations Team, but will be reporting directly to the VP of Operations in the United States.
This role will also spearhead all aspects of Human Resources practices and processes. The goal is to promote values and enable business success through job design, recruitment, performance management, training & development, employment cycle changes, talent management, employee benefits management, facilities management services among others. The role involves supervision as well as being hands-on with employees in building the culture. Given an agile start-up environment, there’s an immense scope to implement things from scratch and grow in this role.
This is a great opportunity for someone with extensive experience in high-growth, fast-paced environment and is excited by the challenges of managing General Office Operations and Employee Relations for a growing office within a global company. Proven experience successfully managing operations within Minsk and in the Tech Industry are highly desired.
- BS/BA degree required.
- MBA (HR) or an advanced degree is preferred.
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in a generalist / management role as part of a growing, fast-paced international structured organization.
- Excellent leadership and negotiation skills.
- Problem-solver with initiative and enthusiasm, decisive by nature.
- Extensive experience on HR best practices including Performance Management, Compensation and Benefits, Recruitment, Learning and Organizational Development, Employee Relations and Talent Management.
- Should be familiar with various tools/ analytics (HRMS/Task management systems) used for a smooth HR system maintenance and logging. basic
- Good Knowledge of Legal and Statutory Compliances (basic knowledge)
- Negotiate agreements with external partners and vendors
- Fluency in English essential
- Serve as the go-to senior leader for all employees in the Minsk office.
- Engage and partner with other leaders in the Minsk office to define and lead site-specific initiatives.
- Develop, document, and implement HR strategies and initiatives aligned with the overall business strategy.
- Systematically diagnose business and organizational issues; design and implement solutions that shape culture, build organization capability and enable business results.
- Bridge Management and Employee Relations by addressing conflicts, demands, grievances or other issues.
- Manage all end-to-end activities of our internal recruiters and employee talent management for the company.
- Support current and future business needs through development, engagement, motivation and preservation of human capital.
- Nurture a positive working environment and come up with innovative ways to maintain a spirited culture
- Develop and manage a performance appraisal (KPI, stock options) and human resources system that drives high performance
- Maintain compensation plan and benefits program
- Report to Management and provide decision support through HR metrics
- Work directly with our legal advocate and accountant (outsource) to ensure legal and regulatory compliance.